Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dancing!

Hola!

I´ve been in Spain for about a week now, and what I´ve noticed is that people dance here very differently than us Americans do. Everytime we go out, we go out in a huge pack of 21 people. We´re pretty noticable on the street and in the bars. We also like to dance with each other because we´re the life of the party and all. There is no, as us Americans say, bumping and grinding. Girls dance with their friends as the guys just sit back, stare, and cat call. It´s a lot of fun just fooling around with your girl friends.

Tonight, we had our first Savillana dance lesson at school. It was hysterical. We partnered up with a friend and learned the first few seconds of the dance. The dance room is super tiny, so having 22 people dancing is tight. We constantly are hitting each other. I wacked my friend, who happens to be named Lauren, in the face dancing with her. We have two more dance lessons in Salamanca before we leave for Sevilla, so we´ll all be professionals by the end, at least I hope...

Miss you all, have a great weekend if I don´t write tomorow! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment