Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Siesta

Buenos dias!

I love siesta! It needs to be brought back to the US. It's so neccesary.

Every morning I wake up for class around 730 AM, get ready for class, then have my two Spanish classes until 1 PM. Lunch and siesta are from 2 to 4 or 5, depending on our afternoon activities. Then, we have afternoon cultural classes until 8 then dinner around 9 or 10, lasting for an hour. My friends and I go out to the Plaza Mayor to have a sangria, gelato, or cappichino after dinner. We may stay out at the Plaza or go to a bar or club until 3 AM, which is very typical and even early here. Many Spanish people stay out until 6 AM on the weekends.

Siesta is also neccesary because it's hot in Salamanca, between 1 and 5 PM it gets over 30 degrees C here, which is probably above 83 degrees F. When we get to Sevilla in a few weeks, it's going to be the beginning of summer there. We were told today by our Spanish professor that it's been 46 degrees C during the summer time there, which is over 115 degrees F.

For all of my close friends, you know I love my 5 minute nap... imagine a 1 to 2 hour nap every day! Woohoo

Miss you! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment