Friday, May 27, 2011

My head is spinning...

Buenos noches!

I literally have like 10 minutes to write this out, so I´ll do so quickly. We´re headed to museum at 5 PM. We are sooo busy here! We are taking regular Spanish and medical Spanish in the morning and then have cultural activities in the evening after siesta, inlcuding dance lessons, movies, lectures, tours, and cooking classes. On top of the studying I have to do for Spanish (because I knew none before I came here), my NU professors are also assigning us a butt load of work for our leadership in healthcare class that we took before we got to Spain. The whole point of having 7 days of class before we went to Spain was to get all of that work done so we could focus on our Spanish here. It´s fustrating because I´d like to devote my time to studying Spanish and learning the culture, however I can´t do that when I´m supposed to be reading a leadership novel, reading 2 case studies on who knows what that are several pages long, and also preparing a 15 to 20 minute power point presentation on a healthcare issue in Spain and comparing it to USA. My group of 4 chose to look at how immigrants can get healthcare and treatment in Spain and in the USA... if they´re covered by public insurance, get quality care, etc.

On top of my studying and all that other work, I´m catching up with friends and family online in between classes or when I have 10 minutes of time...example, this blog. I´m also shopping after evening activities and rushing home and to school to get meals or going to class. Mi casa is 15 minutes from school. I walk there and back at least 6 times a day. I´m also going to the Plaza Mayor almost every night for a gelato, sangria, or wine. We also go out to the bar a few nights a week.

So, as you can see, my head is spinning from being pulled in all sorts of directions. I´m finding siesta to be very necessary. You should try it.

Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment