Monday, June 13, 2011

Sevilla

Greetings from Sevilla!

Let's just say, it's 11:11 PM right now and I think it's still 70ish degrees outside and maybe 80 in this non air conditioned apartment. Despite the heat, everything has been A ok, mostly! The only bad thing I have to report so far were the happenings of this morning slash early afternoon. My group and I were at Projecto Hombre, which is a drug and alcohol rehab place getting a tour and a talk on what they do there. In the middle of the lecture, I felt like I was going to pass out, so I had to leave the room to get some air. Luckily, I have an alternative medicine professor on the trip with me, Professor Menique (Dorette Hope AKA Pinky), and three nursing students, Amanda, Lauren, and Katie. My friends Amanda, Marcela, and Pinky got me soda, bread, water, a granola, and had me calm down. After about 30 minutes of feeling like I was going to pass out slash throw up, I was sent back to mi casa with Lindsay, Amanda, and Katie to rest. I felt much better after I rested, had lunch, and took a siesta. It also doesn't help that I'm getting my period tomorrow. Right now, all is well with me. My friends went out tonight, but I stayed in to rehydrate and relax because tomorrow we're going to a beach in Cadiz. I'm getting to know my other house mates while staying in tonight, so it's a win win... I get rest and new friends.

My 4 other house mates are all from the US. There's Alex, Naomi, Lexi, and Meredith. Naomi is here on an internship, and the other 3 are all taking classes here. I'm still sharing a room with my friend Lindsay from NU. My house mom has three children, all in their late teens. My house mom is very nice. She's also very young looking, maybe in her late 30s, early 40s. She's smaller than me and very beautiful. Her cooking has been great so far! No complaints what-so-ever.

Sevilla is beautiful! Yesterday and today we've walked around a lot touring the city. There are palaces and a huge cathedral we're touring the inside of later this week. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach! The weather there for tomorrow is 88 and sunny! Just look at the weather for the rest of the week in Seville, Spain on weather.com... enough said.

I do have computer access in my casa because of my great new house mates, so hopefully I can blog tomorrow after Cadiz. I hope everyone had a great weekend! Email me what you've been up to! I'm home this Friday and spending the weekend in Boston with my love Darren, Aly, and friends. Can't wait! GO BRUINS!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! :) glad you're feeling better. don't get sicky for your last few days!

    ReplyDelete